Homes for Sale in Murfreesboro, TN View over 200 homes for sale in Murfreesboro & surrounding areas. Exclusive Listings. Virtual Tours.
Located in Rutherford County, Tennessee, Murfreesboro was established in 1811. Originally named after Tennessee politician Newton Cannon, “Cannonsburgh” was renamed “Murfreesboro” in honor of Colonel Hardy Murfree, a Revolutionary War hero– who also happened to be the great grandfather of famous author, Mary Noailles Murfree.
Originally designed as the capital of Tennessee before Nashville took over, Murfreesboro is home to over 117,00 people, 39.2 acres, and a large housing market. Including the four zip codes 37127, 37128, 37129, and 37130, the city is geographically centered in the state, and is one of the best cities for economic opportunities, convenience, and location. As one of the top growing cities in the country, Murfreesboro has a need for employees, home owners, and more.
Full of restaurants, stores, parks and recreation, entertainment, outdoor hiking and biking trails, and more, the city is full of things to do. With an exponential growth in the past couple of decades, Murfreesboro is a great place for homeowners to relocate to. Within the Murfreesboro City Schools district, Pre-K through 6th graders have twelve schools with over 7,200 students within them. In this ever-growing community, there are 42 high schools overseen by Rutherford County Schools, teaching over 40,000 students.
Murfreesboro Real Estate Market
Being outside of Nashville and a college town, Murfreesboro is home to Middle Tennessee State University, the largest undergraduate university in the state. With the college, other great educational opportunities, and being a short commute from Nashville, Murfreesboro home sales have increased– there’s low cost of living, a lively community, and beautiful homes. An urban area with rural development, the city is broken up into subdivisions with their own special perks to each.
From single families, college students settling down post-grad, and people looking for a new environment, Murfreesboro offers a variety of housing to fit your needs. Close to Nashville and only a thirty minute drive to the Nashville International Airport, the city is the most livable town in Tennessee. Growing quickly, it’s no shock people are excited and talking about the town! With tons of indoor and outdoor activities, employment and education opportunities, medical facilities, and being nearby to one of the hottest cities in the country, Murfreesboro is a hot commodity. Price ranges make living in the city affordable and possible to anybody looking, whether for a single-family home, townhome, or condominiums, it’s possible to find your dream home here. The city even has luxury homes, that would meet your every desire in a larger home.
Moving to Murfreesboro, Tennessee?
In a town full of lively neighborhoods, it can be daunting to find the home and spot meant for your and your loved ones. We want to ensure that you make a decision you’re content with, and find the home of your dreams in the location of your dreams. Give us a call or email us today to find the best fit for you.
- Nestled minutes away from Antioach, La Vergne, and Smyrna.
- Build your ideal home with local builders including Heritage Custom Homes, The Richardson Group, Taylor Homes, and Caywood Builders.
- Murfreesboro is home to the largest undergraduate university in the state, Middle Tennessee State University.
- Find scenic views of Stones River with Lakefront homes.
- Spend your free days entertained at the Murfreesboro Center for the Arts, the DIscovery Center at Murfree Spring, Stones River National Battlefield, and the Bradley Academy Museum.
- Residing in the center of numerous cities, Murfreesboro is easy for commuters to travel to and from.
- Water & Sewer: (615) 890-0862
- Electricity: (615) 893-5514
- Natural Gas: (800) 880-6373
- Phone Landline service: (877) 657-9437
- Internet, Phone & Cable Television: (877) 657-9437
- Garbage Services: (615) 893-3681
- Administrative Offices: (615) 893-5210
- Animal Control: (615) 898-7740
- Business Licenses: (615) 893-3750
- City Hall: (615) 890-2142
- Finance Department: (615) 893-5210
- Fire Department: 911 or (615) 893-1422
- Parks and Recreation: (615) 896-2448
- Police Department: 911 or (615) 893-1311
- Library: (615) 893-4131
- Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce: (615) 893-6565
- Murfreesboro City School District: (615) 893-2313
- Rutherford County School District: (615) 893-5812
- Rutherford County Government
- Rutherford Chamber of Commerce
- Murfreesboro, TN Wikipedia
- Murfreesboro, TN City Data
Murfreesboro Real Estate Agents
Ready to talk about moving to a city beside the action of Nashville, and home to a booming economy, tons of educational opportunities, and a great workforce? Reach out to us and let’s chat about finding you the right spot to settle down to. From single-family homes to luxury homes, our Murfreesboro Real Estate Agents are prepared to help you find your ideal place, in your ideal budget, and in your ideal spot. Let’s get you in central Tennessee!